City Management System
Today’s cities need more than ever to be sustainable and maintain a high quality of life. The city management system developed by iLumTech is an innovative, intelligent, and dynamic smart city control and monitoring system. It provides city administrators with comprehensive control of street illumination with additional functions: environmental and traffic sensing, security management and town management providing also data mining and recording for the whole sensor network.
What SYNAPSE Does for You
Smart Street Lighting
The fundamental functionality of SYNAPSE is to act as a smart street lighting control system. It allows you to control and monitor every luminaire in your street lighting installation with ease either manually or using schedules, as individual devices or in zones. This alone can provide immense energy savings and reduce maintenance significantly. It can also greatly improve urban safety by ensuring light is provided where, when, and to the degree needed no matter what.
Urban and Environmental Monitoring
SYNAPSE, however, is so much more than a smart street lighting control system. By placing devices, such as sensors, on the existing lighting infrastructure or any other place in the city, you can create a tight mesh of urban and environmental data collectors that let you know what is happening anytime, any place. From measuring air quality and waste build-up to traffic monitoring and helping citizens find parking spaces, SYNAPSE enables you to take full advantage of the possibilities.
Analysis and Decision Making
So many sensors provide a lot of data. But to make data useful, you must turn it into actionable information. The advanced SYNAPSE ANALYTICS software does just that. It not only records data and presents it as diagrams, tablets, and reports for immediate use, it can tell you about what happened in the past and use that to put current data in context. Basically, it develops with your city, town, or village to ensure you have all the information you need to optimise city management.
Future Proof Smart City Platform
SYNAPSE is built around the open LoRAWAN™ specification so that the system can be adapted and updated as needed and easily incorporated with other asset management systems and unrelated sensors and systems using non-proprietary hardware and software with bi-directional API connectivity. Many sensors and other devices are battery-powered with a lifetime of up to 20 years, meaning they do not need to be fed by the electrical grid, and all communicate wirelessly. This makes it easier than you may think to build a truly unique and expandable Smart City platform that can do whatever you need it to, even things we maybe haven’t thought of yet.
SYNAPSE Street Lighting & City Management System
Street Lighting & City Management System SYNAPSE, from iLumTech, functions throughout a city as its central nervous system to ensure optimal operation. It uses the existing lighting infrastructure in combination with LoRaWAN™ to easily and cost-effectively implement secure and robust communication across entire cities to unite smart and responsive lighting with environmental and urban monitoring and decision-making systems. The result is a perfectly automated network of sense and response that reduces energy consumption, maintenance, and environmental impact, increases safety and supports the monitoring, management, and sustainable development of our cities, towns, and villages.
- Seamless integration
- No need for the reconstruction or installation of wiring infrastructure
- Adaptable and flexible
- Up to an 80% decrease in the energy consumption of the street lighting system
- Reduce maintenance by 70% and further cut operational costs by 42%
- Increase safety by 20%
- Provide up to 90% of environmental data
- Urban management
Smart Street Lighting
- Full system awareness
- Remote ON / OFF control
- Smart schedules
- Reporting & maintenance schedules
- Automatic addressing of devices
Urban & Environmental Monitoring
- Traffic flow
- Parking made easy
- Urban management
- Air & Water & Soil quality
- Noise pollution
- Hazard & Emergencies
Analysis & Decision Making
- Always accessible
- Secure & Backed up
- A wealth information
- Create your own IoT infrastructure
Smart City Platform
- Customisable open platform
- Smart city IoT platform
- Worldwide compatibility
- Smart metering & Utilities
- Personal safety
- Vendor-free integration
Synapse Analytics Software Features
- Stable, robust, secure, and interoperable
- Automatic switching and dimming of street lighting
- Advanced street light scheduling using astronomical clock or ambient light or motion sensors
- User-definable schedule exceptions and manual override function
- Real-time monitoring of all devices and the grid, and immediate fault notifications
- Unlimited luminaire organisation options with bulk adjust and update action function
- Fully operational on smartphones and tablets for easy installation, commissioning, and maintenance
- Satellite map visualisation based on public or private maps: ESRI GIS, Google Maps, Open Streetmaps, etc.
- Advanced user management: privileges, area allocation, system management (inclusive of independent sub-systems)
- Advanced data analysis, reporting tools, performance charts, detailed luminaire reports including run-time, energy savings, device status, etc.
- Fully compatible with devices and controllers from any manufacturer
- API allows for open data integration
- Interface can operate in multiple languages
SYNAPSE DEVICES by iLumTech
Designed to be built into new luminaires.
Synapse Lighting Panel Control & Monitoring Module
Provides autonomous lighting panel operation and carries out measurements and analysis of various electrical parameters on the street lighting grid.
The central communication device in a LoRa™ network, providing a radio link to any compatible Node within range. SYNAPSE Gateways are compatible with most solutions on the market.
Synapse Network Server
The central, secure home of SYNAPSE ANALYTICS. Integrates perfectly with SYNAPSE Controllers and SYNAPSE Lighting Panel Control & Monitoring Modules and is also compatible with other open-protocol LoRaWAN™ hardware solutions.